Our web servers collect domain names and not the e-mail addresses of our visitors. This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the site, number of pages viewed, and methods by which our site was found. Western Municipal Water District uses this information to evaluate the use of our site and to continuously improve the content being provided.
As technologies that we use evolve and change the way that we conduct business, we may amend this policy from time to time. We will post any revisions on this site. Western Municipal Water District will not share or sell its users or customer information.
1. Information Collected
This website may prompt a user of the Service, depending on the user's actions and requests, for personal or secure login information. For example, when a user attempts to store updates to their property characteristics or to save their on-line project files for later retrieval, the necessary information to create or access a password-protected account for that user may be requested. Additionally, when such an active account user requests and authorizes project files or other information to be released to one or more third-party vendors, the user may be prompted to provide more personal information for the purpose of facilitating such contact with those vendors.
Examples of the types of personal and property-related information that our website may collect include:
1. Email address(es)
2. Account username(s)
3. Personal password(s) for access to Western Municipal Water District Customer Data
5. Site or property address(es)
6. Contact phone number(s)
We collect and track certain technical information to promote a beneficial experience. We may also use technical information to store your preferences and make future visits to this website quicker for you.
1. Cookies - a cookie is a small file stored on a user's computer that contains information about the user. We use either session ID cookies (which terminate once a browser is closed) or persistent cookies (which are small text files stored on a user's hard drive for an extended period of time). Cookies allow us to understand how and when you use our website, but they cannot be used to track personal information such as email address or phone number. Cookies also allow us to store the personal preferences that you set during each visit to our sites which can speed up your future visits.
2. Log files - This website uses log files to track how it is being accessed and used. Log files track anonymous user information such as IP addresses, browser types, Internet service providers, referring and exit pages, platform type, date and time stamps, and number of clicks to, from, and within our sites. Web logs are tracked only on Provider servers and those of our Service Providers and do not place anything on your computer.
2. How your information is used
How we internally use technical information to improve performance
3. Privacy rules
Provider and its Service Providers will comply with the requirements of federal and state laws and regulations regarding consumer privacy and marketing.
Internet privacy and security policy:
Whether you are a current customer or just visiting our web site, we safeguard the information that you provide to us.
For site purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this web site may employ industry-standard methods to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Unauthorized attempts to upload or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Infrastructure Protection Act.